Conference Report 2012
The Stress Network held another successful annual conference, entitled “HARD TIMES, GREAT EXPECTATIONS and VICTORIAN VALUES” over the weekend of 24th November 2012.
We welcomed over 80 delegates and contributors, and full plenary sessions, and two long workshop periods enabled delegates to experience a range of topics.
The sessions covered a range of subjects and issues and are reported here together with supporting materials which include:
- Vaughan Skirrey:- Introduction to the Stress Network – ‘How the Network works’
- Professor Ralph Fevre: presentation related to his joint research project entitled ‘Insight into Ill treatment in the workplace, patterns, causes and solutions’ Also see: http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/socsi/resources/insight11.pdf
- Mike Bosman: presentation on Mental Health and Illness in the Workplace and his Workshop Stress Presentation on Mental Health
- Bob Woods: report on the Stress Network’s findings and support materials related to ‘Shop Stewards’ own Stresses
- Scott Donohoe: report on successes in securing improvements for workers at Glasgow City Council’s public contact desks, including graph results and Glasgow City Council stress risk assessments
- Les Roberts: exposé of this Government’s attacks on Health, Safety and Welfare at Work in the UK
- Iain Shoolbred (of irwin Mitchell): Legal Workshop slides and handout paper
- Presentation and associated papers from workshops on Stress Risk Assessments; Managing Change; Mental Health in the workplace; and Organisational and challenging behaviours
- Ian Draper: closing session summary of current effects on the world of stressed workers (not able to be shown on the day)